My Coding Journey

When I came into this class and learned we were going to be coding, I almost cried. Coding was always something that seemed so scary and daunting to me and I had no clue where to start. Then we started and I found that while at every step coding challenged me, I actually ended up loving it by the time I got to my last project.


1. This was my first ever coding project, and I remember being so proud and feeling so accomplished when I turned it in.





2. Then we were given the task to make a landscape and I was so scared that this was going to hours and I wasn't going to come up with something good. While this might not be the best or prettiest work, I honestly put so much time and used every skill I have been taught this far in coding to make this so I felt on top of the world and like I had made something amazing when I was done.




3. For this project, we were told to build off of what we had already created, for me this project was amazing because it showed me how just a few new skills and a few extra hours of work on a project can transform it into something even better.




4. This project honestly was the first where I felt an ounce of confidence in coding skills, and I did exactly what I wanted. I worked really hard to make my vision in my head come true(even though I did that with all of them this one for some reason was the one that meant the most to me). I went above just trying to make cool objects, to actually trying to make a detailed and colored piece that was pleasing.




5. And this is where it all ended up.. This was my final coding project and OMG being able to look back and see the progress I have made throughout such a short time just blows my mind. I never thought I would be a coder but it's honestly something I really did enjoy. For this one, I decided to recreate one of my favorite movie characters from The Bee Movie. I think this project really taught me about shading within coding and how much perspective and shading matters when creating 2D art.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos Project

Introduction